For training and capacity building of ODRAF, Fire Services and other SAR force in the State, Disaster Management Training Cell (DMTC) has been set up in Revenue Officers’ Training Institute (ROTI), Gothapatana, Bhubaneswar for conducting capacity building programmes for different stakeholders in disaster management. The DMTC will continue to work in the field of capacity building till the formal facilities of State Institute of Disaster Management (SIDM) are set up.
AIM of the training center:
- To develop the skill, knowledge and re-orient the attitude of the trainees/participants to discharge their assigned duties in an effective manner while deployed for disaster response duties.
- To enhance trainees’ capacity, patience, knowledge of new machinery and equipment, & new technique on relief and response activities.
- To prepare new module, schedule & training programme on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- To ensure the behaviour of training & develop their capacity.
- To develop survival skill among the trainees.
Instructors: Selected ODRAF personnel from various ODRAF units having knowledge on specific subject and basing on the training undertaken by them, the following instructors are engaged at DMTC on deployment basis. All the instructors have completed the Training of Trainer course at various NDRF/CRPF institutions. Out of 18 instructors, 14 have completed the Master Trainer course at NDRF Academy, Nagpur.
|1||Dy.Sub||Parshurama Dalei||OSAP 6th Bn, Cuttack|
|2||Hav.Maj||Gadadhar Kunar||OSAP 6th Bn, Cuttack|
|3||Hav.||Prabhudatta Kumar Padhee||ODRAF R.O. Balangir|
|4||Dr.Hav||Prakash Kumar Parida||S. S. Bn Bhubaneswar|
|5||Hav.||Pranit Senapati||OSAP 7th Bn, Bhubaneswar|
|6||Hav.||Khadim Khan||ODRAFOSAP 6th Bn, Cuttack|
|7||LNK/45||Rajanikanta Mishra||ODRAFOSAP 7th Bn., BBSR|
|8||S/206||Kanhu Ch. Hembram||ODRAFOSAP 6th Bn, Cuttack|
|9||S/186||Sudarsan Senapati||ODRAFOSAP 6th Bn, Cuttack|
|10||S/396||Basanta Ku. Nayak||ODRAFOSAP 8th Bn Chatrapur|
|11||S/586||Tripati Nayak||ODRAF R.O. Balangir|
|12||C/89||Subhendu Kumar Singhbabu||ODRAFOSAP 3rd Bn, Koraput|
|13||S/426||Nutan Ku. Bhoi||ODRAFOSAP 3rd Bn, Koraput|
|14||S/148||Saroj Mohanty||ODRAF OSAP 7th Bn, BBSR|
|15||S/595||Trinath Panda||ODRAFOSAP 6th Bn, Cuttack|
|16||S/21||Debi Prasad Mohanty||ODRAF OSAP 7th Bn, BBSR|
|17||S/148||Shubham Tamang||ODRAFOSAP 2nd Bn, Jharsuguda|
|18||C/156||Sagar Kumar Ray||ODRAF Jagatsinghpur|
|19||AD/284||Md.Firozuddin/||ODRAFOSAP 6th Bn, Cuttack|
Training: Basic and Advance courses of training are organised at DMTC which are as follows:
- Induction Course on Disaster Response
- Flood Rescue Boat Operation
- Rescue from height or vertical rescue
- Medical First Responder Course
- Collapsed Structure Search & Rescue
- Equipment maintenance Course
- Operation & Maintenance of JCB
- Operation & maintenance of Hydra Crane
- Special Equipment Maintenance Course
- Relief line clearance course
- Psychosocial care training
Apart from this, the instructors are also involved in imparting training to YRC & JRC counsellors, Civil Defence volunteers, school & College volunteers, APADAMITRA volunteers, Community volunteers, Task force volunteers etc.
The Instructors are also engaged in SAR duties on as and when required basis.
Our main Motto:
Evaluation Methods:- The participants are evaluated in each course using two methods:
- Unit- Test: The participants are required to appear in a Written Test at the end of Module- E and H. The passing score is 60%. Questions may be in the form of short answer, multiple choice, true/false, fill-in-the-blank or matching the columns etc..
- Practical Evaluations:Modules with performance components will have a practical evaluation afterwards. Practical evaluations are done, basing on the performance of tasks and attention to safety. If the participant receives Less than 60% score on a practical Evaluation, he will be allowed to take one make-up for practical evaluation.
60% Skill 90-100 = A grade
25% Team work 80-89 = B grade
10% Written 70-79 = C grade
05% Discipline and Leadership 60-69 = D grade
Below 60= F grade
After successfully completing all course requirements, the participants will receive a Certificate of Completion. The Certificate will state that the participant has successfully achieved all lesson objectives and completed all tests, practices and evaluation criteria with the above grading.